How to Get Your Ex Back
You’re sad and lonely. You want the person you love to come back to you. But, of course, that can’t happen if you are in contact with them. So it’s important to take a step back from your ex for a bit so that they can miss you and want to be with you again. Here are some things you should do (and not do!) when trying to get your ex back:
Don’t contact your ex.
Don’t contact your ex.
This is the biggest mistake you can make when you’re trying to get an ex back. It puts them in a position where they feel like they have the power and control, which makes everything more difficult for you later on in the process.
Don’t try to contact them through friends or family members either – that’s just plain rude and invasive! Don’t try to get in touch with them through other means (social media, email) unless circumstances have changed so drastically that it would be more appropriate for you two to communicate this way now than any other method of communication that was previously used between the two of you before being separated from one another recently.
Let them be the ones who reach out to you.
- Let them be the ones who reach out to you. If you have been the one to contact your ex, it will simply make them feel like they are being pressured or that they need to respond because of your persistence. You need to give them time and space before attempting a reconciliation, as this will make them more likely to want to see you again.
- Don’t chase after your ex when they aren’t ready yet—that’s how relationships end up in limbo and eventually break down completely! When someone leaves their partner (whether in an emotional sense or literally), it can take weeks or months for them fully recover from that loss of security—and even longer if the breakup was sudden and unexpected.
Don’t talk badly about your ex to others.
- Don’t talk badly about your ex to others.
This is a surefire way to make you look bad, and it will make her feel like you’re trying to spread rumors for some reason. That’s the type of behavior that gets you on the black list with women and other people who know both of you. If anything, keep things positive when talking about your ex in front of others until things are completely over between the two of you.
Don’t worry too much about them moving on.
Let’s be honest, it’s natural to worry about your ex moving on. But the fact is that you can’t control what they do—you can control only your own actions. If you are focusing on worrying about them moving on, then you’re not being present in yourself and making sure that you are doing everything possible to get back together with your ex.
There is no point in putting more energy into trying to figure out what will happen between you two than actually working on getting back together with them again. While it may seem counterintuitive at first glance, when we spend our time thinking about how awesome things will be if we can get our ex back (and how awful life would be without them), this thought process actually helps our chances of success because it helps us believe in ourselves and makes us feel better overall!
Think of your future self instead of your past self.
- When you’re trying to repair your relationship, it’s important to focus on the future instead of the past. You can’t change what happened in the past, but you can make sure that your mistakes don’t happen again.
- Don’t think about what went wrong—focus on how you can do right now and in the future!
You may be tempted to dwell on all the things that led up to your breakup or even what happened after it occurred. It’s normal for people who haven’t been through a breakup before to want answers about why it all fell apart so quickly or why their partner did something so hurtful (even if it seems obvious). But dwelling too much on these questions will only keep them stuck in their minds and prevent them from moving forward with their lives without their exes around anymore.
When it comes to getting your ex back, you have to remember that their decision is theirs alone. Regardless of what you do or say, there’s no guarantee that they will come back to you. But if there is any chance at all and you would like to try and win them over again, then these tips are sure-fire ways to get started on the path toward reconciliation.
2 thoughts on “How to Get Your Ex Back”
Pingback: More Signs Your Ex Still Loves You – Relationship Rewinder
Pingback: How to Fix Broken Marriage - Relationship Rewinder